Dear Christian Sisters,
I am Cheryl Krichbaum, an author and speaker who equips pro-life Christians to speak the truth in love in order to reach the abortion-minded for Christ and for life so that abortion within The Church is reduced from 36% to 0.
I am also a wife, a mom, a former web-based training project manager and instructional designer, a prayer warrior, and the Founder of MyBodyMyWorship, which you can find on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
I firmly believe that the pro-life movement is a Great Commission opportunity:
- Make disciples, not just believers, of all ethnic groups (Matt 28:19)
- Teach them all Christ commanded (Matt 28:20).
Rather than just pro-life, let’s be pro-eternal-life.
My Story Exchanged for His Story
You can read my story in the following blog posts: Faces of Abortion, Forgiveness and Peace that Passes All Understanding, or in my soon-to-be-released book ReTested or you can watch my testimony on Facebook.
I believe that we need to change the focus from babies who have no voice to women who are in charge of their own bodies. The pro-choice movement is all about the women, so we need to address their issues head on (know thy audience!). That’s what a true Aristotelian rhetorician would do. That’s what the Apostle Paul, a classical rhetorician, would do. That’s what we need to do, too.
We need to:
- focus on saving eternal lives, not just mortal lives.
- talk about the sanctity of life and the sanctity of sex more in church than in politics. Why? Because abortion is illegal in most countries throughout the world, yet the abortion rate in those countries is still very high. Yes, we need to de-fund Planned Parenthood. Yes, we need to reverse Roe v Wade. But we also need to understand that the law won’t change hearts. Only Christ can do that.
- teach men, women, and children to be obedient to God’s rules about sex. Just think about how many fewer abortions would be “needed” if there were fewer crisis pregnancies.
- repent over our own sexual sins and our own silence about abortion and sexual immorality.
- help men and women to heal from abortion so that they do not abort again and to heal from sexual immorality so that they have sex only within marriage.